Dialogue at school

I just sent this blast:

Dear dialogue friends,

Long time no seen (heared)

I am trying to activate schools to implement dialogue into there teaching programs. Children and teenagers are not used to communicate in a dialogue manner and are educated in a more discussion like way.

It is my belief that educate them with the use of dialogue, and let them experience the possibilities and magic of dialogue will lead to a more tolerant society.

I am looking for more knowledge about dialogue with children and teenagers. Is there anyone with suggestions.

Thanks for thinking with me, greetings Joop

Replies to this Topic

Hello Joop,

I would like to talk to you about a dialogue program that our small nonprofit here has been running for a number of years, a State of the Union dialogue project for high school youth. It is designed for classroom interaction of students, their parents, and teachers based on the issues raised by the yearly American presidential address to congress... and it can also be used by students outside of the U.S.

I can talk more about this later with you, but I invite you to visit this link to learn more and then we can perhaps chat about how to invite your students to participate in either a dialogue about what exists now (the inaugural address of President Obama) or else the upcoming address in late January (our next round will only be available beginning March 1):

https://opn.forumfoundation.org/?pid=62

Thanks.

John Spady

Hi, Joop!  Are you a member of NCDD yet? The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation has many members who are based out of the U.S., despite our origins and name.  This would be a great question for the NCDD discussion list, which has about 900 subscribers.  I'm sure you would get a range of good responses.

Off the bat, I think you'd hear about Mix It Up (study circles in high school and middle school cafeterias), the Choices Program (deliberation in the classroom), and socratic dialogue as with the Touchstones Discussions Project.

I invite you and everyone else here to join the NCDD network.  Membership dues are not required, so feel free to join at www.thataway.org/join and see what the network is like.  We'd love to have you, and international members are welcomed with open arms!

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)

www.thataway.org

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Dialogue Network